Monday, June 11, 2007

Surgery

The best thing that happened since my last post was Mark Cross leaving the morning show on Yes FM. Thank fucking god!! Somewhere between wise cracks and fake accents those two jokers lost the concept of radio. Which was primarily to PLAY MUSIC. Shack is as funny as drinking your own vomit and Mark just don’t know when to shut up. Tracy on TNL did the best moring show I’ve listened to. Now that’s one funny radio jock. I still remember the day she played “lankawe ape lankawe” by the Gypsies on the show. That’s kick ass DJing. Shack, dude I’m sorry to say that the only people who listened to you guys were recent middle management retards who still head bang listening to Summer of 69. So please do us all a favor and get another job.

I did come across a few interesting social situations that made me think however. If this post feels like surgery, please stop reading now. The worst curse you can carry in life would be not to fall in love. Imagine going through your entire lifetime but not falling in love. The social circumstances around you prevent you from feeling the essence of life itself. It’s quite amazing the number of people you would find in this social paradigm if you listen hard enough. Getting stuck in a marriage when you are barley out of your teens and before you know it fifteen years go by and three kids come along. All this and you’ve not even reached you 35th birthday. Suffocating isn’t it? I want to do so much in life. I want to meet so many people. Visit so many places. It’s obvious we all not wired the same way but you speak to these people and realize that when they started out they had a lot of potential and hope by somehow it never really panned out quite like how they expected. Guess if its anything, life is full of surprises. The good, the bad and the ugly.

This post is, sort of, all over the fking place as I have been over the past few months. April and May was like going through surgery. People came and went. Functions were attended. Plans were made. Deadlines were missed. I lost myself in the whole eruption of materialistic orgasms. Not being able text “my favorite mistake” didn’t help either. So here’s hoping that the next few months will be something to celebrate about.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally agree with your comment on Tracy. She is handsdown the best DJ we had in SL. TNL had another dude named JD (I think) who was very good as well.

Back in 10th grade, guys in my class were in love with Tracy. No one knew what she looked like (and we still don't), but that didn't stop some dudes from having boyhood crushes on her.

I never saw the big deal with Shaq. And Mark - the less said, the better.

T said...

i agree! Tracy had the best fucking show on radio! funny AND thought provoking. made being stuck in a traffic jam on the way to school fun. shaq and mark, i swear they talked one time for 20 mins straight! its a radio show, shut up and play some damn music!
sorry, just had some angst reg. that :)

Anonymous said...

You are back! Excellent! Did all my whining about having nothing to laugh about get to you? Tracy was fabulous. Shaq was a lot better before Mark came along. Heard Mark's on E now. Just gives me another reason NEVER to tune in to E. Shaaaaaaaaaaaaa SO happy you are back : )

Sachini said...

You have said everything I have always thought of shaq and mark. I have the misfortune of having to sometimes hitch a ride with a certain person whose morning is not complete without listening to those two morons. Aaaaargh. But if you do want a sample of something worse than Shaq and Mark tune into TNL in the morning. Raj (said with some irreplaceable accent) Perera on the TNL morning show is the first on my list to be killed slowly and painfully.

pissu perera said...

add "diamond deen", who does the evening drive time show on lite fm, to that list..i'm sure he thinks cracking dirty, crude jokes after every 2 songs is part of his job description, the dick head. hell, i'm no prude..his kind of jokes are funny when thrown in every now and then but when you have to listen to it as often as he tells, it gets tedious and annoying...someone should castrate the fool

Anonymous said...

Actually I disagree with all of you! Not that I'm an avid listener of the any station that early in the morning, but Shaq & Mark were the only guys who were somewhat lively, made lame jokes (i'm sure it was funny but I always missed the plot) and played off each other's 'on air' personalities really well...this conclusion arrived after actually listening to stations like SUN and god forbid E! With that said, it's a shame that the 2 aren't on air anymore, but good luck.

Anonymous said...

you know whats weird...I met some radio dj's once...they all had accents, and for some strange reason were all maldivian as well...eh go figure...btw "not being able to text your favourite mistake"...dude...I so get you on that!